Vanilla Raspberry Ice Cream Dessert
By Jamie from Jamie Cooks It Up
Time: 30 minutes hands on + 3 hours to freeze
Yield: 12-15 generous servings
Recipe from my beautiful friend Heather Peterson
***NOTE: This dessert can be made (all but the warm topping) up to 5 days in advance and kept in the freezer.***
1/2 C butter
1 C brown sugar
1 C coconut
2 C rice krispie cereal1 C chopped pecans
1 pkg (4 3/4 ounce) danish dessert
2 C cold water
12 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Set your vanilla ice cream out on the counter about 15 minutes before you are ready to assemble the dessert.
2. Toss your butter into a medium sized mixing bowl and melt it in the microwave. (The butter.....not the bowl :). Add your brown sugar.
Whisk these two heavenly ingredients together allowing the sugar to dissolve a bit into the butter.
3. Add your flaked coconut
the rice krispies
and the chopped pecans.
Stir it all together with a wooden spoon, making sure all ingredients get incorporated.
4. Press 3/4 of the mixture into the bottom of a lightly sprayed 9x13 pan.
5. Spread the softened ice cream onto the heavenly crust of wonder.
Then sprinkle the remaining crust mixture all over the top of the ice cream.
6. Cover the pan with tin foil and freeze for at least 3 hours and up to 5 days.
7. The beautiful Raspberry topping is best served warm over the cool ice cream and so, it should be made just before serving.
Pour the danish dessert and 2 cups cold water into a medium sized sauce pan. Whisk it together continually over medium high heat.
Once it comes to a boil it will begin to get thick and glossy, which is what you want!
8. Remove the pan from the heat and toss your raspberries right into the pot. If you are using frozen raspberries I suggest leaving the pan on the stove over medium heat to allow the berries to defrost and become heated through out. Don't forget to keep on stirring, you don't want the sauce to burn.
9. Serve warm over the ice cream dessert.Enjoy!