We have had a hard time getting Brody to brush his teeth.
He fought it hard for a long time.
Now he loves brushing his teeth. I thought I would share what we did to help Brody love his toothbrush.
Feel free to add your thoughts or tips.
1) We made sure he saw us brushing our teeth
2) When I caught him watching me brushing my teeth I pulled out his toothbrush to let him try
3) I let him play with his toothbrush so it wasn't such a scary thing
4) I make sure to put lots of water on his toothbrush
He loves to slurp up the water
5) Brody loves to clap his hands and say yay when he does something good. We made sure to always clap our hands and say yay after brushing his teeth.
*Our doctor also suggested getting a mechanical tooth brush, I guess kids like the way they feel.
*Our dentist told us we don't have to worry about using tooth paste just yet.
What tips do you have to share?