A few months ago I switched from blogspot to a dot com, whateverdeedeewants.com
I thought I would show you how to do it. It is super easy!
There are people out there that like Wordpress better and maybe I just don't know better but I have really liked Blogger.
Here's how to make the switch.
1) First you have to have a blog through blogger.
2) From your dashboard click on the settings tab.
3) Then click the publishing tab.
4) That page will say you are publishing on blogspot.com. Below that it will say Switch to: custom domain. Click that link.
This is what you will see.
5) Check your website name availability and then purchase it.
It only costs $10 a year and it comes with google apps which means you get your own cool email address that matches your website.
It takes a 1-3 days for for everything to transition through but don't worry your blog will still be accessible. Once the transition has been made blogger will automatically redirect your readers from blogspot to your dot com.
The only problem I noticed during the transition time is the followers link didn't load but that fixed itself once the transition was complete.
Because Blogger redirects your readers automatically you my want to ask your readers to subscribe to your new feed.
Hope this helps!