When shopping for swimwear during 2012, you'll be met with what might seem like endless options. This year's suits feature a wide range of colors, patterns and styles – and you can mix and match depending on what's best for your body type.
When you step onto the beach, we want you to“wow”the ones around you, so we've put together a list of tips on finding a suit that will help you rock the cabana this summer:
- Get extra oomph. If you're small chested, select a suit with a little bit of padding or enhancements on the top to give you a little boost. Finding a suit with adjustable straps will also prove helpful, as you can adjust it for a perfect fit.
- Find the support you need. Large chested women need excellent support to keep them comfortable throughout the day. When shopping, look for a suit that features a shelf bra or padding. Or, opt for a tankini, which has several benefits. It offers great support, tummy coverage, and you can mix and match on the top and bottom pieces for a perfect fit.
- Get ruched. A common feature you'll find on this year's suits is ruching. Whether you're looking for a one- or two-piece, ruching is used as a tummy minimizer and to add extra oomph to your top area. Depending on which look you're going for, it might be that little extra touch you need.
- Mix and match. If you're short, mixing and matching patterns can be helpful in making you appear much taller. Choose a fun print for the top and a solid-colored bottom to draw other's eyes upward and make your body seem longer.
- Go bold with animal print. One of the biggest trends on the runway this year is animal print with bold colors around the trim. If you're looking for something new and exciting, try out leopard or python print this beach season.
- Use color blocking. One of the most slimming colors you can wear is black…and to make yourself seem even slimmer, dress up your suit with a belt or ribbon of another color. It'll provide a fashionable look and will help put attention where you want it…and away from the spots that you don't.
- Love ruffles. If you want to appear a little bigger on top, look for a suit with ruffles on the top. They'll dress up the suit and help enhance your cleavage.
- Stripes are in. Vertical stripes are in this year – both for their look and the fact that they can help make you appear taller and slimmer.
- Be bold. Some of the hottest colors this season are bold shades like coral, orange, and gold. Instead of going with the basic black, try out one of these to give yourself a little extra flare.
- Get stunning with a sarong. After finding the perfect suit, consider adding a sarong to your attire. It's not only the perfect accessory, but can also hide problem areas or dress up a solid-colored suit.
And there you have it – some of the hottest suits and accessories for 2012. If you want to rock the beach this summer, don't leave home without this list.
About the Author:
Cindy Prosser modeled swimwear in her pre-baby life...now that she's a part time freelance writer and full time mom, she currently prefers writing about swimwear vs. traipsing about in it. Thankfully, there are many styles to fit many different (and ever-changing) body types. During her only quiet time of the day (nap time!), Cindy enjoys writing about underwire swimwear from Bare Necessities and saving money with the Bare Necessities coupon. Like us on Facebook for sales and more!