Thursday, February 4, 2010
Dionne from the blog City of Dionne invented this recipe when her husband came home for lunch one day. She was all out of bread and couldn't make a sandwich, so she whipped up these easy Garlic Eggplant Spaghetti Wraps from the ingredients she had on hand.
Dionne is quite the artist, I love seeing her artwork throughout her blog. You can also purchase some of her creations in her Etsy store.
Garlic Eggplant Spaghetti Wraps
1. Fry two minced garlic cloves in olive oil over medium heat.
2. Cut 1 eggplant in lengthwise strips about a quarter inch thick, then add to pan and drizzle with more olive oil, and season with salt.
3. Add 1 chopped onion to pan.
4. Once eggplant is soft, remove pan from heat.
5. Break spaghetti strands in half, then boil and cook 'til al dente.
6. Drain spaghetti and mix with olive oil, fresh basil, and Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and add the cooked onion into the spaghetti mix.
7. Then just take the spaghetti and put it in the eggplant strips and wrap them, securing with toothpicks.
*Make sure to put enough olive oil in the spaghetti so it's not dry