Kayla from Freckles in April
I was slightly dismayed to discover that pastels would be a big trend for spring. I'm not really a pastel-y person. It doesn't suit my coloring and there's something that feels very 90s-Easter-with-crimped-hair to me (probably because that's how I wore them last).
Despite my distaste for pastel hues, I've actually seen some pieces I would consider spending money on. Here are a few:
2. Pastel geo tank (Top Shop) - Crazy? Awesome? Crazy awesome. I love the print.
3. Perch Things First dress (Mod Cloth) -You can never go wrong with a pretty bird print and I really love the peachy color. With the right skin tone this would be drop-dead gorgeous.
4. Colored canvas shorts (Old Navy) - I'm not a pink person but I DO love colored pants and shorts. These would look super cute with a lot of things (including that Top Shop tank!).
5. Pastel color block tee (BTY) -I can always get behind color blocking and I love the shape of this tee. Very forgiving to post-baby tummies. It's pretty sheer, which means layering in the spring (if you're not into visible support garments) and maybe a really cool swimsuit cover-up come summer.
6. Ballerina flats (Chloe) - You'll die when you see the price tag but I am so in love with these (these aren't as beautiful but they are a tenth of the price)