Last winter I was hooked on this low calorie turkey chili. I would make a big batch and put it in serving size containers, store it in the fridge so I would have a quick lunch all ready to go. All I had to do was warm it up in the microwave.
I love that this soup is low in calories, high in protein and would fill me up fast. Win! Win! Win!
Skinny Turkey Chili Recipe
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 cup celery chopped
1 can of Rotel
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 can low fat chicken broth
1) Brown the ground turkey, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2) In a large pot cook the peppers, onion, celery on low heat for about 3-5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
4) Add the can of Rotel and chicken broth. Bring to boil over high heat.
5) Once the soup begins to boil reduce the heat to low-medium and allow to simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
6) Add the cooked ground turkey and simmer for 5 minutes.
This recipe is usually for about 4 servings. I like to double the recipe so I will have plenty of ready made lunches all set.