Hani from Haniela's
My name is Hani, I write a blog Haniela's and today I wanted share with you a really easy dessert - Apple Walnut Phyllo Tart. It is delicious and I hope you'll try it out.
I also prepared a video recipe tutorial for you, so you can check it out below.
Happy Fall and Thanksgiving everyone.
Apple Walnut Phyllo Tart
1/2cup (60grams) toasted walnuts
1/3cup(30grams) old fashioned oat
1/4cup packed (55grams) brown sugar
1/2tsp Saigon Cinnamon
2tbl chopped candied ginger, or crystallized ginger
6-8 phyllo sheets
cooking spray or 2tbl vegetable oil mixed with 2tbl melted butter
2 to 3 medium apples, peeled sliced into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread walnuts on a baking sheet, toast for 10 minutes.
- Remove walnuts from the oven, let cool to room temperature. Increase oven temperature to 375F(190C).
- Process walnuts, oats, cinnamon, brown sugar and candied ginger in the food processor, pulse for up to a minute, leaving tiny pieces of oats and walnuts. Set aside
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll phyllo sheets, cover with damp paper towel to prevent drying out.
- Start layering phyllo sheets onto the baking sheet, spray each sheet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle walnut filling on top of each layer, layer 6 to 8 phyllo sheets.
- On last sheet sprinkle some filling and layer sliced apples on the top. Sprinkle remaining filling on top.
- Bake at 375F(190C) for 12 minutes, lower oven temperature to 340F and bake for additional 15 minutes or until apples are soft and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, slice. Enjoy.